Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Finds: Bohemian Beach Babes

Friday Finds: Bohemian Beach Babes

This time of year always makes me a bit homesick. Having spent half of my life at the beach, once the weather warms up I want nothing more than to grab my beach chair, a big bottle of water, and some yummy snacks to keep me company while digging my feet in the sand. Add some teeth rotting salt water taffy and some sea glass searching, and I'm a very happy girl.

This week I'm getting back to my bohemian roots and daydreaming about packing up this weekender bag from Nena and Co. for a little getaway to my parent's house. I'd love to start the day by doing some early morning yoga on this cool Magic Carpet Yoga Mat, followed by a nice big green juice. I just might splurge on this Aztec print towel from The Beach People, called "the Roundie," because life is too short for ugly beach towels. I don't typically wear jewelry on the beach, but I might make an exception for this gorgeous ring (which happens to be on sale right now FYI) from Satya Jewelry. Or maybe I'd just save it for dinner on the bay. I've also been coveting one of Satya's malas for the past couple of years, which would pair nicely. I've been in love with this dreamy Caftan from Emerson Fry since forever (well, at least since her last colorway), and I just can't say no to it in blue. This Bobbie Brown Beach Body Oil would be great for some post beach relaxation while getting Oswin dressed in these adorable Ikat Harem pants from Cleobella.  And even though this SHABD x Sakura Bloom sling sold out in under twenty minutes, I can't help but obsess over it and hope they choose to do a second collaboration (pretty pretty please). I'd use it to take Oswin out for a little early evening stroll on the boards and watch the sun set with a nice cup of fig leaf tea, made from the fig trees in my parent's garden. And since I'm never without my camera, an updated camera strap would a very happy mama make.

What are your favorite bohemian picks? I'd love to hear about them! 

A la prochaine friends...

Honey 

2 comments:

  1. which beach did you frequent back home? I am an LBI girl, have been going all my life, with a few years of OBX in between! those beach pants...the print..to DIE for! a friend of mine brought me a pair of pants like that back from Morocco, they are SO cool. my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Margate girl! I did half of elementary school, half of Middle school, and half of high school in Margate/South Jersey, and the other half in Philly. Weird breakdown, right? And those little beach pants kill me! I *need* to get them for Oswin. Your Moroccan pants sound awesome, and so does the friend that brought them back for you! Have you done an outfit post with them yet?

      Delete