Friday, August 5, 2011

Honey and Ang's Excellent Italian Adventure: 9€ of 20€ Worth of Culture in Florence


And we're back with another installment of Honey and Ang's Excellent Italian Adventure! We ended our last installment just before Ponte Vecchio...


{Love locks by Ponte Vecchio.}


{It is good to stay hydrated when walking over bridges.}





Ponte Vecchio was not how I had thought it would be in my mind. I'm not exactly sure what I thought it would be like, but I was not expecting Philadelphia's jeweler's row! Our family had a shop down at 8th and Walnut for over 75 years, so it gave me the warm and fuzzies to see something similiar in Italy (or at least similiar to what I can imagine were the glory days of jeweler's row).





{Palazzo Pitti.}

After gawking at all that glimmer and gold, we stopped for some gelato and espresso, and pressed on to Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens.




{Hi Ang!}












{View from the rose garden at Boboli Gardens of the Tuscan countryside and olive groves...}









We walked for hours in the sun and heat, but it was well worth it. We felt that we especially deserved our truffle gnocchi that night!


11€ for entrance to the Galleria Academia + 9€ for entrance into the Boboli Gardens = 20€ of awesomeness in Florence.

A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

3 comments:

  1. Those rings are fantastic!!
    And it's nice to see you stay hydrated the same way I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, memories! I went to Italy in 2000 with my then boyfriend and we visited Venezia, Firenze and Roma. It was such a great trip! You guys seemed to have a great time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been on the ponte vecchio in 20 years, loved your photos :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete