Sunday, September 5, 2010

Somethings hiding in here...




Sunflowers, eggplant and cayenne peppers OH MY! I'm so excited that things are starting to fruit in my quite large container garden. Hoping that the Habanero plants start flowering soon too...


And not to brag, but I don't think my Bright Lights Swiss Chard is looking too shabby either in it's pot...

And now, as I sit here post 8.06 mile run eating my homemade breakfast burrito with neither eggs nor cheese in it (damn you expiration dates!), a few random pictures from the week before heading out for Round 2 of the Thoiry Salon de Vins...

There were CAMELS at the Plainpalais Flea Market in Geneva, Suisse this week...CAMELS! I think they were lost...or maybe it was because the KNIE Circus was in town...either way I think someone should get them back home...


On the way to the Thoiry Salon de Vins on Friday evening, I chit chatted with one of the neighbors...


The french were out and ready to write some checks for cases of wine...


Marc and Kira, displaying their fancy-shmancy authorized Thoiry Salon de Vins glasses...yours for only 4€!


I had forgotten to eat dinner before the salon, but luckily the boulangerie was open just across the street so I could carry around a safety baguette so I didn't get too "trolley-ed" - which by the way, is my new favorite UK-ism. Also, apparently taking bites of bread in between tastings is a good way to cleanse your pallet...who knew I was such a pro at these things?!


The weather's been gorgeous this week as well. Again, saw some of the neighbors on the way to go food shopping on Thursday, but they were too busy to talk...


And finally, the play-by-play of one of my favorite events here in Thoiry, the moving of the cows! I love when the rebellious cows don't let nobody push them around...


Or maybe he was just a special cow...


The last stitch efforts of the herder (is that what they're called? I'm still new at this lingo...) before they just straight up leave him...


Cue the music at the end of the Hulk...


But then he realizes he'll miss his cow-belled buddies and GALLOPS back to the herd...while very close to a man on a moped and a few bikers. That was a close one! We almost had a huge, lonely, and possibly depressed and/or special cow roaming around Thoiry.

Yes, these are the things that now keep me up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment