Thursday, July 12, 2012

Backtracking: Berlin Part 1


Hey, remember a thousand years ago when I told you I was going to Berlin with my friend Beerbaumer, for the night, to see the ska band Reel Big Fish? Well, we had an awesome time! And here's the pics to prove it!


We stayed at "The Circus Hotel," which was probably one of the nicest hotel experiences I've ever had, and not too pricey. The staff was great, and spoke English better than we do...seriously. The breakfast is absolutely worth the price of admission, as it's an entirely organic breakfast buffet. They not only have a hotel, but also a hostel and apartments to rent, so really they are perfect for whatever your needs when traveling... 


{Pic via Beerbaumer.}


Not many things tug at my heart strings like well placed graffiti and layers of concert posters, and Berlin has plenty of both...


The show was great, and we got to feel a bit like we were back in 7th grade again, which is always fun...though we did find the absolutely most sketchy route to Cassiopeia that was ever possible in the history of sketchy routes...


...and I got the set list at the end of the show. Because I'm feisty like that.


...but back to the graffiti. I think it's safe to say that it was really the highlight of Berlin for both Beerbaumer and I. I know I've said that Pisa has great graffiti, but it's nothing compared to Berlin. We were going to go on a guided tour of the city's graffiti, however decided to set out on our own and make our own tour. But more on that tomorrow...


 Oh and you know what else Berlin has a lot of? Vintage stores...really really really good vintage stores...


{Something old and something famous...}


{Lox and latkas, Berlin style...}


{Gasp!}


Something I was surprised about in Berlin? The amount of amazing design stores! I saw Eames chairs, and clean lines and bright colors...graffiti, bikes, beer, design, grit, shows...how did we ever leave Beerbaumer?!

Part Deux, demain...

A la prochaine friends...

Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment