Wednesday, November 27, 2013

7 weeks.


On Monday, Little Miss turned 7 weeks old! It's amazing how much she's changed in just the three weeks that my parents were here. When they left for the airport early yesterday morning, my mom couldn't stop saying, "She's like a totally different baby, such a big girl now..." Some of her favorite things at the moment include practicing standing, her papa's whistling, and being entertained by shadows on the wall. Oh and snuggling. Snuggling is her favorite.  


And even though its cliche, it's true: she's growing SO fast. Pyjamas that seemed like they would forever be too big on her are now too small, leaving me wondering how she ever squeezed into them in the first place. She's just about outgrown her bassinet as well. 


And through it all, I'm trying desperately to slow down. Rather than look at the dishes in the sink that need to be washed, I'm trying to focus my energies on the fact that her time of being this little is fleeting, and to cherish all the snuggling now. She'll always need her mama, but not in this capacity. One day she won't want to cuddle for hours with mama and papa. I want to make sure I make the most of it now, before it's gone. There will always be dirty dishes, but there won't always be days of snuggling with this little human. I'm so beyond thankful for the opportunity to stay at home with her, to nurture her, comfort her and excitedly (albeit sometimes a bit begrudgingly) watch her grow on a day to day basis. We can't wait to see the person that our little girl becomes. 

Well, now that you're diabetic from all that sappy ness, I'm off to finalize our Expat Thanksgiving dinner menu for tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone! 

A la prochaine friends...

Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment