Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gobble Tov.


I don't know about you guys, but I am having THE BEST holiday weekend with my little family. First off, Thanksgiving/the beginning of Hanukkah was great. We missed our friends and families back home, but really took the time to appreciate all that we have here. We got started a little late on the cooking, but that's because we took the morning to enjoy the fact that it was our first Thanksgiving as a family of three. We drank pumpkin spice lattes, cuddled our Little Miss, watched the Philadelphia and Chicago parades, and stayed in our pyjamas all day long. As much as I would have liked to have started the cooking earlier, I wouldn't have changed our morning for the world. 


We managed to order a turkey from a local butcher (not an easy feat in France this far from Christmas), and picked it up Thanksgiving  morning. To accompany our french turkey we made stuffing, candied yams, string beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. We also had a few French desserts from the boulangerie next to the butcher, bread, cheese, dried meats, and snap peas. I was on designated baby duty, so the only thing I made was the pie (which was delicious if I do say so myself), leaving Doc to everything else. He did not disappoint. I'm so lucky to have a hubby that not only loves to cook, but is really, really, realllly good at it. 


We didn't end up eating until about 10:20 PM, but we joked that it was because we wanted to eat at the same time as our families back in the United States. We didn't care. We had each other. We had a good friend over to share our meal with. We had beer. We had football on the TV...and really, is there anything else you need for a good Thanksgiving? 

(Nope.) 

Here's hoping that you and yours had a holiday to warm your hearts & fill your bellies...

A la prochaine friends...

Honey 

1 comment: