Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunset in Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre.


I literally have no idea where to begin. None. I can't believe that it's been just 2 days since we left France for our road trip to Italy, and already we've been caught in an avalanche warning, gotten stuck in the snow and ice on a little alpine road twice, watched the sunset over the Mediterranean and gotten soaked by the Mediterranean (oh my poor Frye boots) - all in just the first day of our trip. So in order to keep the pictures and adventures coming your way at a quicker pace (and to still give me time to go out and explore!), I'm going to be posting short and often, at least until we get back to France. And at some point there is most deifnitely going to be a multi-post update on the state of Monterosso and Vernazza (the towns of the Cinque Terre that were hit the hardest by the flash floods on October 25, 2011), as we spent several hours in both yesterday. For now I think I'll just start with telling you that we witnessed the most beautiful sunset of our lives over the sea in Riomaggiore that first night...


I think I need more Mediterranean sunsets in my life.

More on our trip to Cinque Terre and Pisa as soon as I get a little exploring in, as well as some pizza in my belly.

A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sunset; we could all use more sunsets like that in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky behind you in that photo is incredible!

    ReplyDelete