Thursday, February 3, 2011

French Phrase of the Day: Trop fort


Today's french phrase of the day is brought to you by the letters C & A. I've passed the sign to this clothing store about a hundred times and never thought about it's meaning. Then one day, I realized I knew what both words meant, but the translation didn't really make much sense. (So goes the world of french phrases not translating literally...) Trop fort literally translates to: "too strong." What does this really mean in french? "Awesome."

Now everytime someone says "awesome" my internal monologue says "trop fort" in a really long, drawn out voice, followed by an internal uncontrollable giggle. (Yes, my inner monologue has a great time, all the time.)

Have a trop fort Thursday mon amis.

A la prochain...

1 comment:

  1. That is going into my vocabulary right this second. Trop fort post!

    ReplyDelete