Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY: Kitchen Beautician


I came across this great little recipe for a DIY body scrub last week via freutcake, and it is so amazing that I have to share! I had never used a body scrub before, but after a tough day back at Bikram on Monday this made my achey muscles feel so much better. I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the olive oil and vanilla smells together, but it ended up smelling amazing. And I swear I've never had softer skin. Here's the deets:

Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub:
(via freutcake)

1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 cups Turbinado sugar/sugar in the raw
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract (or you can sub in your favorite essential oil like lavender, etc.)

Directions:

Combine the two sugars in a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, then the honey, and then the vanilla extract/other essential oil. Store in an airtight jar like a Fido, Parfait, Ball Mason, Quattro Stagioni, etc. I would suggest a jar that is 1/2 -3/4 liter sized, as mine didn't quite all fit in the jar.


VoilĂ ! Cure for the winter dull skin blues!

A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment