Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Year Later: Hiking in Chamonix, Mont Blanc (Part 2)

 
 
Continuing from where we left off yesterday, a year ago we spent the start of a long weekend away hiking in the French Alps on Mont Blanc in Chamonix, France.
 
 
Despite the fact that we made excellent time, my knee locked up about 45 minutes from Plan de l'Aiguille (2317 meters), and I still have no idea why. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it the rest of the way, but we slowed up our pace and were able to make it to the buvette/souvenir shop. 
 
 
Something that we noticed upon reaching Plan de l'Aiguille was a large amount of rock stacks/towers scattered around the landscape. You can see some of them in the above picture. They were really cool looking, but I have no idea what the meaning behind them was/is.
 
 
As far as my knee was concerned, it seems like all I needed was to just sit down for a bit, because it loosened right up after about 30 minutes of relaxing and taking in the gorgeous views. Or maybe it was the beer...regardless, after spending some time enjoying a snack and a beverage at 2317 meters....
 
 
...and some impromptu yoga poses and exploring...
 
{Toe stand}
 
{Standing Head to Knee, Part 2-ish}
 
...we headed back down the mountain, via the télécabine , to be safe.
 
After all, we had adventures waiting for us on the Italian Riviera in Varazze, Italy!
 
Look for a post on Varazze tomorrow!
 
A la prochaine friends...
 
Honey


2 comments:

  1. this is incredible!! the view and everything. gah, makes me aching for hiking and mountain even more. i really miss hiking. i'm done with beaches this year. but for now, i'm gonna live the mountain through your photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you @Niken! I'm also living through these pictures since I'm too pregnant to go on this type of hike right now. Bah! Soon enough we'll be back out there on the trails, with little Homekid in tow!

    ReplyDelete